Are you willing to show your own initiative and stretch yourself beyond your limitations in development? Do you know SQL Development by heart and pursue career growth? Then the time to apply is NOW!
• Analytical degree or diploma (ComSci, BBusSci or Bcom with IS/Actuarial, BSc (Eng, Math) or similar.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience
• Scrum methodology
• Knowledge of financial concepts and terms and interested in attending courses to improve business knowledge.
• Financial Services industry experience would be an advantage.
• Exceptional skills in writing SQL for Microsoft SQL server, including stored procedures, UDF’s and other T-SQL Querying.
• Experience in analyzing data and performing complex data manipulation using Microsoft SQL.
• Interact with business users, Business Analysts and other developers to understand user requirements.
• Write technical specifications where required.
• Develop integration solutions using SQL and other vendor integration tools (Markit).
• Develop reporting solutions; write SQL stored procedures to manipulate the data supplied by the source system and prepare it for reporting.
• Design and create SSRS report definitions to present the data.
• Assist with the migration of existing Crystal reports onto SSRS reports.
• Optimizing SQL queries to improve performance.
• Provide 2nd line support for any production support issues.
• Support existing integration solutions in the production environment by analyzing problems reported by users and track down their cause through debugging techniques and discussion with other team members.
• Testing and deployment of new development.
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please contact us 211 - show phone - 5. Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.