Do your IOD claims get paid within 30 days?
The most common and obvious answer to the above question is…… never! And if you're dealing with Injured on Duty (IOD) cases on a regular basis, you know the frustration that can be caused by unpaid claims that eat on your cash flow every month they remain unpaid.
Trying to liaise with the Compensation Commission can further increase the frustration as the telephone is often unanswered; e-mails not responded to; and personal visits resulting in hours spent on queues and being referred from one office to another. The whole process is bureaucratic with endless paper chase that is energy and money draining.
Do delayed IOD payments affect your cash flow? If so, it’s probably because you don’t have the time and resources to continually visit the Compensation Commissioner’s office to check on the processing of your claims. If this is the case, you should seriously consider outsourcing this function to COID ASSURED.
- You immediately improve your cash flow.
- Our dedicated claims management staff ensures that there is continuity with the Compensation Commissioner.
- We deal directly with the Compensation Commissioner's office, face-to-face, on a weekly basis on your behalf because we are situated in Durban.
- We take the hassle and pain that you would go through in dealing with administrative issues, so that you can do what you do best.
- You become a preferred IOD provider, which means your money reaches your bank account quicker.
- Your accounting staff is freed up to focus on other issues that are important to your practice ... like processing medical aid claims.
- It's free. If we don't settle your claims we don't get paid.
Ask yourself, what would you do with the extra cash flowing into your practice? If you want to increase your cash flow, free up your accounting staff and save money on your overdraft, we can help.
How we can improve your cash flow
We propose to finalise your backlog and future claims quickly. Our fee is 10% on the amounts we recover on your behalf.
We do all the legwork to get your claims registered, accepted and paid. We invoice you once you have received payment from the Compensation Commissioner.
Your biggest challenge is employers who don’t honour their side of the agreement - they don’t accurately complete and submit the required documents to the Compensation Commissioner on time. We have the resources to secure the outstanding requirements needed to get IOD claims accepted. Once we have done this, we can expedite the payment of your accounts.
Remember, we do all the work, freeing up your cash flow and valuable resources.
If you have any questions, please give me a call at any time. I would also like to meet up with you to discuss our intervention further.
I will follow up with you shortly.