Offering a job
Minimum experience (years)
Maximum experience (years)
Great position available in Johannesburg in the BI space. It is with a large Financial company who is looking for a Senior Business Intelligence Developer who has the following skills and capabilities:
Qualification & Training
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, engineering or related program and at least three years directly related experience. In lieu of a bachelor's degree, directly related experience and certification beyond minimums will be considered.
• Formal training in Microsoft Business Intelligence or equivalent
Knowledge & Skills
• BI (Dimensional Modelling, ETL/DI design and implement, Reporting Services, Analysis Services, SharePoint integration, Information Security)
• Dev (PowerShell, VB.NET and/or C#.NET, XML, good diagnostic skills, instrumenting & metering experience, SQL Server 2008+, T-SQL, stored procedures, ETL development, Service Broker, security)
• DBA (SQL Server 2008+, 3NF design principals, performance monitor & enhance, auditing, security)
• Security (Information and data, at rest and in-flight, secure-by-design)
• Project styles (PRINCE2 and Agile/Scrum)
• Require minimum 5 years hands-on experience implementing BI solutions.
• Require the use of spread sheets (advanced Excel).
• Prefer experience in Financial Services sector (retail and/or institutional).
• Prefer working in an information analysis department or equivalent environment.
• Prefer SharePoint work & integration exposure.
• Prefer Workflow design/development exposure.
• Prefer Test Driven Development (TDD) exposure (methodology and technology).
• Prefer Master Data Management (MDM) exposure (methodology and technology).
• Prefer Client Relationship Management (CRM) exposure (methodology and technology).
Interested candidates can forward their comprehensive written applications to the following e-mail or fax to: 086 600 7977, you can also contact Sharne on 011 807 8064
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 working days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Published: Oct 18, 2016